UPDATE August 31, 2013: This position has been filled. We thank all those who applied for the same.
Zoroastrian Return to Roots is seeking a project manager to provide oversight and day-to-day management of the program. The individual will work closely with the RtR project management committee and provide them with administrative, communications and logistical support.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the application process and the tours in Gujarat and Mumbai. The manager will be the focal point for the project and will be required to accompany each tour.
- Project management skills (minimum 2 years experience)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven self-starter, community-oriented, displays excellent time-management skills, flexible and works well to deadlines
- Business development: building and maintaining donor relations
- Database management
- Ideally the candidate will be based in Mumbai (flexible)
- As the project requires entry into Parsi fire temples and other religious sites, the applicant must be Zoroastrian.
- Fluent in English. Conversational Gujarati will be a plus but is not essential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To develop and implement the Program’s communication strategy
- Producing the Program’s publicity literature
- Developing Program’s profile and media relations
- Developing and maintaining effective communications systems internally and externally (website, Facebook, responding to emails/calls)
- Maintaining the photo database
- Coordinating the application process between the global committee members.
- Liaising between project management committee, travel agent, participants, donors and Zoroastrian associations globally
- Management of administrative functions within the Program including databases
- Representing the Program at internal and external meetings where appropriate
- Management of central Program resources
- Organisation of related events
- Maintaining relationships with international contacts, funders and corporate sponsors
Salary: commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please email a cover letter, CV and two references to Shireen Havewala firstname.lastname@example.org
The Zoroastrian Return to Roots Program
The Zoroastrian Return to Roots Program aims to provide youth living in the diaspora an opportunity to experience Zoroastrian India through short tours led by community experts and scholars.
The main feature of the program is a 10 day tour of Zoroastrian India where youth explore and discover their heritage while learning about their commonalities and the diversity that exists across the diaspora. Our long-term goal is to run these tours to Iran as well.
We also aim to support local Zoroastrian communities and institutions within India as young Zoroastrians return to their roots and help revive the community globally.
The inaugural trip will be from 23 December 2013 to 6 January 2014 and will include attendance at the World Zoroastrian Congress in Mumbai.